Sunday, April 8, 2012

If I were one of the 7 Dwarfs...today I'd be Grumpy

So while the world was going to sunrise services, hunting down colored eggs and accepting the fact that some won't be found til they start to rot in the heat that is inevitable with the coming months, I was at work starting yet another 48 hour shift.  It started just fine, we had shift breakfast that was AWESOME! Did a little work, knocked out some training...and then I put in some work on Megan's school project and took some photos of Flat Stanley checking out the station.  Then 1500 rolled around...PT TIME...*insert music to emphasize impending doom*

Today was mock PT test time...and let's just say it wasn't pretty.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  If mentally I've worn myself down or if physical my body's like What the heck are you doing to me?  But my pushups are still horrible - tricep pushups not that wide arm stuff that I've been using, my situps are still alright, and my run...well let's not base anything on the treadmill run because I ran the course in better time Friday than I did the treadmill 2 miles.  And to top it all off my shins are still paining me.  The advice I get? Keep icing them and buy new shoes...honestly don't have the money right now to buy a new pair of shoes so ice in the magic word when it comes to the pain in my shins I guess.

I thought I'd keep my motivation high through all of this, and don't get me wrong I still want my 300 score.  But I'm starting to just be grumpy about it.  Today I kept my mood in check which is a step in the right direction.  But inside I was not happy about any of it.  If anyone has any motivational tips it would be greatly appreciated.  I'm not quitting, but any motivation I can muster is going to make this easier to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment