Saturday, May 28, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend



Free time for me has been limited the past few months. It was nonexistent at BCT. Then at Fort Benning it was limited to the weekends and a few hours in the evening where I was able to get online and watch tv and movies on netflix. And Fort Leonard Wood?? A pass on the weekends but still had various formations during the day. But here at Goodfellow? Free free free weekends. I actually was able to watch an ENTIRE hockey game last night. Go Bruins! I even picked the winning team. It was awesome to just kick back with my fellow OC's that are also going the firefighter route after leaving the lovely accomodations of Fort Benning HHC.

Now if only the weather would be accomodating...100+ temperatures are not for the ginger. So I've taken to spending time indoors when capable. Today's its meant time in the room rewatching Six Feet Under (which I will thank Sara Baldwin, one of my friends from the years spent at MBC, who introduced me to the program) and now surfing the internet at the library. I also have completed about half of Nicholas Sparks' book Last Song, I will say that the book is much more enjoyable less Miley Cyrus...she killed me in the movie that I believe I watched at Girls Night at Janelle's...

Tomorrow, more of the same and again on Monday...but TUESDAY it all begins.

Everyone enjoy your holiday weekend. Be safe and don't forget why we have this weekend. Remember all of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice, soldiers both past and present, retired and active duty, reserves, guard, all of us. Freedom doesn't come free.

Hooah!

No comments:

Post a Comment