Sunday, June 12, 2011

Feeling Old

Week 2 has come and gone, so has the weekend. I get so bored during the weekends, but they still somehow manage to pass by in the blink of an eye. I'm sure all of you that follow this blog are also my friends on facebook so I know you all know how much time I spend on facebook. I like to keep up with everyone and see what's going on in the real world.

Classes are trucking along, passed First Responder with a 98% average, still shooting for honor grad. Now we're on to the first part of Firefighter 1. Not sure if those certs I already have will kick in, just more studying and staying busy. Its all good.

My weekend started with Military Ball, which was awesome. I thought it would be super stuffy and formal, almost dreaded it, especially when Sgt Wilder said we had to wear our skirts because it was an evening affair...ridiculous. I think phasing out the skirts should be next on the list now that the Army is getting rid of our berets and velcro on our ACUs. But anywho, I wore the skirt and the ugly shoes...looking like a flight attendant. And low and behold had a good time. Mingled with NCO's and laughed a lot. The food was great, steak and chicken, potatoes and green beans. And BIRTHDAY CAKE. Happy 236th Birthday Army! ~actually on the 14th, but when you get that old who really cares what day you celebrate on.

Saturday I bought a swimsuit and actually spend a whole 45 minutes at the pool. Also did laundry, some straightening up and wasted time on the computer.

Today, Sunday, slept til 8. Ate breakfast, studied a bit, decided I was getting hungry again so instead of heading back to the DFAC and instead of Subway, which I'm actually tiring of, I made up a shopping list and headed to the Commissary. I now have groceries!! Including lunch meat, cheese, peanut butter and a loaf of bread. Also purchased high sodium Ramen noodles, that amazing (also high in sodium) Chunky baked potato soup Sarra turned me on to. I know I have meals at the DFAC whenever I want, but it gets boring...and sometimes not that I don't spend enough time here as it is, I'd rather be in my room.

I feel old here. My 28th birthday is quickly approaching. I've calculated my time between specific events. I count down to the 4th of July and the four day weekend (18 days), then to my birthday 5th of August, and then its less than a month til graduation. Breaking it down that way makes it a bit more bearable. I just keep having flashbacks to college, which I loved at the time, but I have no desire to relive at 27...10 years older does not make me yearn for my younger years...but so many here are in that age range and this is their college experience...I couldn't imagine...lol

Well until my next installment, hope you enjoyed the randomness!

HOOAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment